Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Long Journey...




Who knew preparing for a mission would be a Mission in itself!
What a journey...
I tell you...

When I started to prepare for a Mission...I thought it would be so easy...BOI! Was I hella wrong! From the time of Confirmation which was Mid June/July last year 2010, I have never come across soooo many trials and tribulations...Who knew Satan was that eager to try and stop every preparing Missionary to serve a Mission. Im talking about ME!! It truely does testify of the Greatness in the Work and The Truthfulness of The Message that we have (I will soon) to deliver to who knows how many people...tens of hundreds, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people.

Early November last year I had a date with my Aussie Mum. And I was pretty bummed because it had just passed my birthday and that was the supposed date I was meant to hand in my papers. But hadn't and was still floating in the world like I am today. I recalled a Meeting I had with President Fa'aoso (He's our BP aka Branch President) a few months earlier...I think it was around August...after my confirmation...I had told him I had asked Heavenly Father for a good date to put in my papers. And he presented to me My birthday last year. President then counsilled me to maybe consider a Better or Best date. While with Mum talking over some awesome Chicken and Avocado Sumo Salad at Cairns Central we discussed dates. I popped out with April 4th! Just had a good feeling about it. Mum jumped at the date aswell. She had a good feeling too. Those feelings were an answer to a heart said prayer.
Quote from My Journal, Entry 22nd November 2009 "I really need to be gone by August next year...although thats 9 months away...I feel end or beginning of March or even April is the best date...April 4th...2010...yes I will pray about this date...so thats 19 weeks away..."

So January this year, I have made video posts of myself and have been saving them onto my Netbook. So will put a few up.

So like Sunday just gone I had My LAST TEMPLE PREP Class. Amazing Course I tell you. Helped me prepare even more for higher covenants and also has been an EYE OPENER to what Im getting myself into. We were in discussion about Sarah and Delina (2 other class mates who are preparing to enter into the Temple) meeting with the Mission President, President Richards. Because we're in a District Pres Mahler (District Pres) cannot complete my interview. Anywho. Pres Richards wont be up again after 28th of March until May sometime. Keep this story in mind.
Okay so like Everything has been going into that date! I have 17 days left!! Till I hand them in. And just yesterday. a whole NEW Revelation come to me. As I was cruising the websites like I do. (Lately I've become very fond of Mission Blogs and LDS Blogs) Hence why I started up my own. Anywho. I come across MormonMissionPrep.com. Just on the front page I read the Mission Application Time and realised. HOLD ON! Once I submit my papers they only get sent to Branch President. I still have to meet with the Mission President and he ultimately submits my papers. But then I realised that Mission President is only coming up next week and after that not coming until May sometime. Then I got even more anxious. I knew I was preparing for a Mission. But to be that close Oh Wow! Time really is moving alot faster maybe faster than my mind can keep up with.
Which means. My scheduled Interview with Pres this week will have to be The Interview. already?? Shux! and next weekend on the 28th which is next Sunday. Will have to be The Ultimate Interview! FReaKY!! just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment