Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My brother got his call today!!


Like wow! today my brother got his call! BTW had an amazing day! woke up at about 8.30am. Had an excellent breakfast, Facebooked for a while, read a few talks. Actually did something physical! went for a run. Did RED ARROW! Oh dear how unfit i was. But anyway came home, went for a shower got ready for work. On my way to work i pull up outside our company driveway, and i hear my phone going off. For some good reason I felt like I needed to pick up this call. I thought. OMG! Mission Call! so I pulled over in the middle of the driveway, pulled out my phone (By the way i was on my brothers scooter with a helmet on) and picked it up put it on speakerphone. Heard pauls voice and was like Heeeeyyy Brother!! Then he told me had got his call. And he'd tried calling everyone but no one picked up the phone...Man did i get excited. One of the drivers were looking at me like EW! But i didnt care...So like i could tell he was anxious...anyways i told him i was gonna call mum and dad and tell them the news so they could make the plan and i'll do whatever...So like yeah...i called mum mum was like super super excited...and dad was like wheres he going...i was like dad he hasnt opened yet...lol...and then tried texting emma..bout ran outta credit...so i called using the landline..WooHoo...

Long Story cut short...I left work early to go mums house. Emma came to pick me up on the way. And yeah Emma was just as excited as I was. I've never seen emma speed in the Car legally and well...We made it home in pretty good time! lol.

Called Paul, and Tali and My mum were there with him! haha. Was awesome! Thenit began...

We could here him ripping (hopefully nicely opening) his BIG WHITE ENVELOPE!!...

Then we're like Read it from the beginning, and he's like I cant find the beginning...lol...Can he not know where the beginning is....lol...

Then he starts laughing...(At this point i wonder if he saw where he was going before he even started the letter)

But then the experience began...He read...

"Dear Elder Luatua,

You are hereby called to serve as a Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labour in the Australia Brisbane Mission. (We scream and laugh at the same time, Mum Luatua yells "Are you sure?") It is anticipated you will serve for a period of 24 months. You should report to the New Zealand Missionary Training Center on Thursday May 20, 2010. You will prepare to preach the Gospel in the English Language."

My goodness brother...all I can say is that I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father has called you here for a reason. He has called you as a Missionary of the restored Gospel to invite others to come unto christ and helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement...He has called you to the Work...So in that I leave...Brother if you ever get to read this...Serve with everything that you have. Remember who you are, why you are here and what it is that you are supposed to do.

Funny how my family is moving back to New Zealand near end of this year and well with me? Hopefully Im out on a Mission Somewhere serving the Lord! And ELder Luatua is coming back to where we stay in the Brisbane Mission and yeah maybe to finish off some unfinished business...Man is Heavenly Father amazing!! Love Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment