Monday, March 22, 2010

There's no place like home

It's been 7 months since I last stepped foot on HOMELAND (Good Ol New Zealand) and saw close family and friends...Gosh I miss HOME!



This is Tropical Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia. Also known as Paradise. This is where I reside at the moment. We have Coconut Trees, Mango Trees, Awesome Lagoon flooding with Backpackers. Nobody owns any piece of winter clothing here except for Raincoats. As it is technically Summer all year round. The last count of population up here was 122,000 people! In Cairns, The Church has a District of 4 Branches. We have maybe 20+ Active Young Single Adults which amazing for a branch in the Middle of nowhere pretty much. Cairns District covers the rest of Far North Queensland all the way up to Papa New Guinea. Isn't that something for yah!




Then we have Auckland City, New Zealand. This is where I spent all of my 20 years of my life in. I was born here, learned to walk and talk here and pretty much. All my friends and family are here. Population last count was 1.4 Million people. This is more of the hectic busy lifestyle. You have soooo many more options around you. I went to 5 different high schools and all located in completely different areas. The temperature is freezing compared to here. Your average summer is 21 degrees. And coldest winter morning is 4 degrees. You need shoes, socks, beanies, and everything under the Sun. I miss the many functions they had going all in the one night. One thing for sure you're never BORED!! There's always something to do.

Church Wise. I was baptized into the Avondale Ward, Waterview Stake of Zion. We have 6 Wards in our Stake and 3 Chapels. 2 Located in Central Auckland and 1 Located in Central West of Auckland. Even though it was a big Ward the number of Active Young Single Adults were smaller. Probably 10+ not even 10 if I recall.


But all up I love Cairns. It truely is an amazing place. A Prophet of the Lord stepped into Cairns many years ago and gave a prophetic sermon at the Cairns Convention Center. Over 2000 people filled the seats to hear Him speak. He prophesied of a Temple being built here in lil ol Cairns. He attached with that blessing this message. "But it is up to the Saints". If we want a temple we will get one. I did not see the prophet speak. I was not here to witness this magnificent occassion. But I testify of the growth in this small area. I testify of the many strong members we have here that will in future build many mighty generations. I stand behind the Prophet when he councilled there would be a Temple here in Cairns, Qld, Australia.
I testify that prophets are mouth pieces to Our Heavenly Father. I know He lives and reveals his secrets to his servents, the prophets. I know without a doubt Cairns is an amazing place to be at this point of time.
This I say in the Sacred Name of our Savior. Even Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Laina, thank you for your beautiful testimony, I am truly thankful for the reminder of what the Prophet said, and I have felt the spirit witness to me the beauty of knowing that Cairns will have a temple. Love this journey! Love you Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww love you too Sister Lee...yeah It still amazes me though...That the prophet stepped foot here in Cairns...whenever I drive past the Convention center...I just look with Aw...and am like...OMG the prophet was there!!...but yes! Lets press foward for the work!!

    ReplyDelete