Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Definition of the word "Support"

The definition of the Word "SUPPORT" is to bear the weight of, especially from below. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking or slipping. To keep form weakening, or failing; strenghthen"

Young Single Adults was practially my family in the Church. As I only spent but a few months in Young Womans after my Baptism. Young Single Adults gave me a clean social life. Always fun. Will always know YSA for all the late nights, early mornings, after every dance you'll all somehow congregate outside Mcdonalds, all the Activities, Meeting heaps and heaps of cool people. The spiritual side to this was Institute, Conventions, Firesides, Broadcasts and many more especially enjoy everyday conversation about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Relief Society (imagine you get a whole 30+ Ladies in one room) was practically my high council support group of mothers. Constantly councilling me left, right center Everyday of the week including Sundays! And the Priesthood. The Bishopric and Branch Presidency have helped alot with the confirmation of alot of things. Inspired council from ON HIGH.

Outside of the Church. There too was a high number of support groups. My non member family in New Zealand. I love my Uncle very much! He and my grandpa growing up has had a MAJOR part in the person I am today. Although I am a member. Growing up alot of the qualities I already had joining the Church was inspired and instilled in me from these 2 GREAT MEN in my life! I love my uncle. He has taught me alot about Sacrifice! My grandpa. Was an amazing man no matter what other people tell me. He taught me alot about Respect for others and Respect for self. To serve those around you. To be the best you can be!

My uncle had a choice many years ago. Two Children ended up at his doorstep. Me and my younger brother. He was only in his early 20s and the time. He had a choice to go and live his life the way he wanted to. He had a choice to choose his life or ours. As young as he was then, and as free he was. Because he loved his Father sooooo much (My grandpa) he chose to love us. Because our Grandpa loved us and didnt want us to be elsewhere! My uncle followed and learned to love us the same way our grandpa loved us. I will forever remember his example. Through the years he constantly taught us principles that were only ever Magnified in the Church. Sacrifice being a big part, Being Honest, Learning to take others burdens. Although not going to church he taught me true Christian Values.

My Grandpa was a Great Man! I would remember everytime I'd finish school me and my bro would walk home and always without miss find him sitting at the table waiting for us. He'd tell us to go wash up get changed and come have some Cocoa Rice! without fail! He would serve us everyday. He would wash our clothes, He would make sure we were always with him no matter what. At school he would pride in us achieving the best that we could. I loved school because Him and my Uncle had a passion for it too. Grandpa would always encourage us to Be The Best! The day he passed away was a very low point in my life. He was my EVERYTHING! He was my apple of my eye! He was the very reason I would respect myself and people around me. He taught me that. He constantly supported us when it came to sports. Me and my bro practically joined all the sports teams.

When he died in 2003 I questioned the very purpose of life. I questioned where is he now. I looked up into the skies in hopes that hes up there somewhere as everyone would say. How can I have all these feelings of love for such a being and then for something to happen and that would just perish and go away. Stop at the very point! I remember saying "if there was a God! Take me in his place! Bring him back and Take me instead" I would die just to hear his voice again. I would do anything just to feel the warmth of his hands. I would do anything just so he can live and be with me again.

Since joining the Church. I have had these questions answered. I know without a doubt where he is. There is a reason why we are here on Earth. There is a purpose. And that is to prepare to meet God our Eternal Father. I know that Death is just apart of the process. He is not lost. He is there. Waiting for me to do my part. I know without a doubt that The Plan of Salvation is true! I know when we die there is a place prepared for us.

My Grandpas name is Isakara Penia Fata Seuseu. He now rests in the Heavens and will soon be reunited with my grandma Mama Leitu. His sweetheart and companion.
My Uncle Tills Seuseu still resides in Glen Eden with a lovely new wife Barbara and they have 4 Children. Silao, Isakara Jnr, Steven and Baby girl Loretta Seuseu.

No comments:

Post a Comment